Spring and summer are incredibly busy seasons when it comes to air conditioning replacement and installations in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida. Most of the homeowners wait until their unit has failed before they purchase a new one. Thus, when temperatures rise, and they experience a system failure. A simpler option is to buy a new air conditioner now so that you don’t have to deal with the problems of a failed air conditioner.
As our satisfied customers can attest, Caloosa Cooling experts understand that each Air conditioning installation & replacement in Southwest Florida is unique. Our commitment to you, our respected customers, is to maximize your energy efficiency through appropriate installation or replacement.
We offer a free analysis of your A/C needs in order to give you an accurate estimate of needs and costs.
Here are the top four signs your A/C is nearing the end of its life.
1. Your Air Conditioner is More Than Ten Years Old
- This may sound obvious, but if your A/C is getting older, you should start preparing for the purchase of a new unit.
- Unlike furnaces, air conditioners are often outdoors and exposed to extreme temperatures throughout the year, which shortens their life expectancy.
- Modern air conditioners can last between 15-20 years, and older air conditioners last around 10-12 years.
2. Your Air Conditioner Frequently Breaks Down
- If you’re getting yearly A/C tune-ups from qualified technicians, your air conditioner should not be experiencing breakdowns during the summer.
- Many common A/C issues are caused by a lack of maintenance, and getting your unit maintained will prevent them.
- HVAC technicians are also able to preemptively spot and correct any issues your A/C might be experiencing before the summer season begins.
3. Your Energy Bills Have Skyrocketed
- Unless there are any sudden changes in your home’s energy use, your energy bill should stay around the same amount every month, fluctuating a bit for furnace and A/C season.
- Higher energy bills can indicate that your air conditioner is either malfunctioning or losing efficiency.
- Energy bills often start rising as an air conditioner gets older, so the two issues can be related.
4. Your A/C Uses R-22 Freon
- If you own an air conditioner that is over ten years old, it likely uses a refrigerant known as R-22 Freon. R-22 has been found to have negative effects on the environment, and the U.S.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is phasing it out of use.
- If your A/C uses Freon, don’t panic just yet. You can still keep and use your A/C, even when 2020 comes around.
One size unit does not fit all A/C needs. Size is determined by your residence’s or building’s square footage, as well as other factors, such as the type of windows and the building’s foundation and insulation.
Whether you need a new central air conditioning system installed, serviced, or repaired, the experts at Caloosa Cooling are committed to providing premier residential and commercial air conditioning repair/installation & HVAC repair services at an affordable price.
Caloosa Cooling, your Air Conditioning Installation, and Replacement FL offer services:
Why Choose Caloosa Cooling
- Experienced Technicians
- Reputable Contractors since 2001
- Authorized Dealer for Reputable Brands
- Emergency Services Available
- Each Customer is Our Top Priority
- Fast, dedicated, and reliable air conditioning & HVAC repair company
We at Caloosa Cooling provide top-of-the-line premier Air Conditioning installation and Replacement delivering the highest quality of heating and cooling services in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida. Our priority is your safety and comfort for your residential or commercial needs.