Utility bills rank among the largest expenses of running a home, next to your mortgage. Significantly, your utility costs may be impacted by central air conditioning, and older systems have become less dependable.
It’s crucial to get an air conditioning quote from a reputable, experienced HVAC firm, whether you’re thinking about updating your system or installing central air for the first time.
Top Questions to Ask before HVAC system Estimate
1. What system capacity or size is required to cool my home effectively?
How do you calculate the required size of the air conditioning unit? Learn about the Manual J Load Calculation, which experts recommend using to estimate the size you require.
2. If any existing ductwork is installed, can it be used, and how is it currently holding up?
Exist any leaks? Should ductwork be cleaned before installation?
3. Can you offer evidence that your business is insured and bonded?
Will you give me a written estimate that includes all the conditions we discussed?
4. Are there any cutting-edge innovations I should take into account, such as a ductless system, or enhanced accessories I should install, such as digital or remote-controlled thermostats?
Discover the choices for air conditioning in homes with boiler systems (no ductwork).
5. Does a new system use little energy?
The SEER rating is what? Can I anticipate lower utility costs?
6. Which brands do you carry, and why do you favor them?
7. Does the installation of a new system qualify for any tax credits or rebates?
8. Do you coordinate all required permissions and approvals with the local government?
9. What are the terms of payment?
Does the manufacturer or your business provide financing?
10. What kind of installation guarantee does your business offer?
What is the unit’s warranty? Is there a service contract offered or included?
11. What is the installation's timeline, from beginning to end?
If so, is the cost of removal of the old unit (if any) included in your quote? Will the work area’s ducting, walls, and flooring be finished as they were before the work began, and will clean-up be included?
12. Are there any other considerations to take into account?
The status quo of the ducting is one more X-factor that could need to be addressed and factored into the overall estimate. For the best system performance and efficiency, ascertain now whether ducts need to be tested, inspected, or sealed. Older ducting that can no longer be repaired must be replaced.
13. What conditions apply to warranty coverage?
You’ll need to know the warranty’s duration and the specifics of what it covers. Finding out right away whether certain really pricey parts, like the furnace heat exchanger or A/C compressor, are completely covered is especially beneficial. Find out if doing annual preventive maintenance by a licensed HVAC contractor is required to maintain the warranty’s validity.
14. Who will put the system in place?
Professional specialists with the skills and specialized tools needed to install that particular type of unit should perform HVAC installation. General carpenters, neighborhood handymen, and others without those credentials are not suitable. Poor performance and low energy efficiency may be built into a “cheap” installation job done by untrained installers, and these issues could last as long as the unit is put in the home.
15. Do you perform a formal load calculation?
A load calculation is not complete without an HVAC system estimate. This survey collects thermal information about the house, which is input into the software in order to choose the best unit with the highest BTU capacity.
Hire a Reputable HVAC Services Contractor
When you are looking for an air conditioning estimate, a reliable air conditioning contractor won’t hesitate to respond to these and any other inquiries you may have. In addition, the business should be happy to provide testimonials from nearby homes that have used their services.
When done correctly, a high-quality, efficient system can bring years of comfort to your house while lowering your electricity costs.
You can better understand the cooling requirements of your home and make the best choice when you buy a new air conditioning system by being ready with the correct questions to ask your contractor.
Southwest Florida's Biggest and Most Trusted HVAC Contractor
Caloosa Cooling is the company you turn to for expert air conditioning, home HVAC solutions, commercial HVAC solutions, and AC repair in Southwest Florida. We offer our customers just the best HVAC services available. We are established on a foundation of excellence. All of your HVAC system demands will be met with pleasure by our qualified crew.
We are ready to service HVAC solutions for you 24/7!