The hurricane season can cause bouts of bad weather even to the Sunshine State. One of the worst things that can happen during this time of the year is your heater’s breakdown.
To help prevent this from happening, we have compiled some tips for you below.
- Inspect your heater. Prevention is always better than cure, so it’s much better to have your heater checked before an actual breakdown. If it shuts off during hurricane season, you can try checking the filters and clean or replace them if there is clogging. For advanced cases, it would be best to contact a professional. You might accidentally damage your heater if you try to fix the problem yourself.
- Check your electrical box. You may have accidentally flipped off the switch of your heating system. After inspecting your heater, check the breakers and switches in your electrical box.
- Inspect your thermostat. Setting your thermostat properly is a great help to regularize your home temperature. Adjust your thermostat settings to heat to keep yourself warm.
- Seal cracks. Cracks and openings found inside your home, and even open windows, can let the heat out. If your heater gets damaged during bad weather, be sure to seal these openings tightly to prevent the heat from escaping.
- Employ alternative heating methods. There’s no need to endure the possible cold weather if your heater breaks! There are other alternatives to keep you warm this hurricane season. Try changing the direction of rotation of your fan’s blades to keep the warm air from escaping. Encourage movement to warm up the atmosphere. Make use of heating pads and other alternative sources of heat.
Having your heating system break down during this hurricane season can be a nightmare, which is why Caloosa Cooling is here to help! We are an elite heating system company in Fort Myers, Florida, and its surrounding areas. Caloosa Cooling has expert HVAC technicians who will address your heating system problems quickly and efficiently. We have kept Southwest Florida residents comfortable with our high-quality services. Because your comfort is our top priority, we also offer 24-hour emergency services to address your urgent needs. For heater repair in Southwest Florida, contact Caloosa Cooling at 239-226-0202.